Restaurant Style Masala Chicken
- Chicken curry cut pieces- 500 gms
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon stick 1” piece- 1
- Curry leaves- 10-15 leaves
- Onions chopped- 2 medium
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Tomato purée- 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Refined Oil- 4 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the items indicated and set aside for around 20 mins.
- Chop the onions & take out the curry leaves.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces. Fry on medium heat for 4-5 mins and keep turning/ mixing to give an even brown colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Now heat another 3 tbsp oil in a kadai or pan and add the cinnamon stick and the Ginger Garlic paste.
- Mix and fry on low heat for a minute.
- Now add the curry leaves and continue to fry it on low heat for another minute.
- Add the chopped onions and mix & sauté on medium heat for around 7 mins till the onions are light brown.
- Add the tomato purée, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins.
- Add the red chilli powder, fennel powder and pepper powder. Mix it and fry on low heat for another 2 mins till the spices are cooked and oil separates. You can add a splash of water too while cooking the spices.
- Now add the half-fried chicken pieces, mix well and fry on medium heat for 5 mins till the masala coats the chicken pieces.
- Add 200 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins till the chicken is tender.
- Remove cover, add the garam masala powder and give a mix. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!