Tawa Fried Chicken | Pan Fried Chicken Masala | Tawa Chicken
In this Indo-Chinese version of the chicken lollipop, the chicken winglets are shaped into lollipops and then fried. For the drums of heaven these fried lollipops are tossed in a mix of schezwan sauce and tomato ketchup.
The succulent chicken lollipops glazed with the tangy sauce make this an irresistible starter for any meal.
Tawa Fried Chicken
- Chicken boneless thigh pieces cut into small chunks- 500 gms
- Ginger chopped- 1 tsp heaped
- Garlic chopped- 1 tsp heaped
- Tomato thick slices- 2 medium
- Green Chillies chopped- 3 nos.
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Fenugreek Leaves, roasted and crushed- 1 tsp
- Ginger julienned – 2 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Debone the thigh pieces or buy ready from stores.
- Cut them into bite sized chunks and once washed keep it to drain.
- Fine chop the ginger and garlic and chop the coriander leaves & green chillies.
- Make thick slices of the tomatoes.
- Heat oil on a Tawa or a pan and add the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Fry on low heat for a minute and add the chicken pieces.
- Mix and fry on high heat for 3-4 mins till chicken changes colour and water nearly dries up.
- Add all the spice powders (turmeric, red chilli, coriander, cumin and garam masala powder) and salt. Add a splash of water if required and fry on medium heat for 3 mins.
- Now add the tomato slices and cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins till soft.
- Add a splash of water and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins. Cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Remove lid and add the Kasuri Methi. Give a mix and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the julienned ginger and chopped green chillies. Give it a mix.
- Lastly add the chopped coriander leaves and fry for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Serve with Naan or Roti.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!