Dahi Chicken | Yoghurt Chicken Curry | Dahi Wala Chicken
Dahi Chicken Recipe
- 500 gms Chicken (large pieces with bones)
For the Coarse Paste:
- 4 nos Green chillies
- 3 tbsp Mint Leaves
- 1" pc. Ginger (chopped)
- 8 nos Garlic (cloves)
Whole spices/Garam masala:
- 2 nos Bay Leaves
- 3 nos Green Cardamom
- 2 nos Cinnamon (1 inch pieces)
- 10-12 nos Black Peppercorns
- 1 pc Mace (Javitri- small flower)
- 5 nos Cloves
- 2 medium Onions (sliced)
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 150 gms Curd (thick curd or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- Make a Coarse Paste of ginger, garlic, mint leaves and green chillies in a blender/ grinder.
- Slice the onions and chop the coriander leaves.
- Whisk the curd/yogurt.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan.
- Add the whole spices, give a stir and when it splutters, throw in the sliced onions.
- Fry the onions on medium heat for around 10 mins until golden brown in colour.
- Now add the coarse paste, give a mix and fry on low heat for around 2 mins.
- Add the turmeric, coriander & Garam masala powder, mix well and add a splash of water (4 tbsp). Continue to fry it on low heat for another 2 mins.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt and chopped coriander leaves, give a mix and continue to fry/bhunno on medium heat for 5 mins till the chicken is browned.
- Now lower the heat and add the whisked curd/yogurt. Mix well and continue to cook on low heat for around 5-6 mins till oil separates.
- Add 150 ml water, mix well and cook covered on low heat for around 20 mins till chicken is tender. Keep stirring in between.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and simmer for 2 mins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!