Dahi Mirch Chicken | Chicken Dahiwala | Dahi Chicken
Dahi Mirch Chicken
- Chicken large pieces with bones- 500 gms
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Black Peppercorns- 10
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Onions finely chopped- 2 medium
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
- Whisked curd/Yogurt- 120 ml yogurt with 40 ml around 4 tbsp water whisked together
- Green Chillies thick chopped- 4
- Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Refined Oil- 3tbsp
- Coriander Leaves chopped- 3 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with salt and turmeric powder and set aside for around 30mins.
- Chop the onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok or kadai.
- Add the black peppercorns and the bay leaves. Give a stir and then add the chopped onions. Fry on medium heat for 7-8 mins till the onion is light brown in colour.
- Add the Ginger Garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry/bhunno on medium heat for 5 mins. Fry till chicken is browned.
- Add the Pepper Powder, Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 3 mins.
- Switch off heat and then add the whisked yogurt-water mixture. Mix well, switch on the heat and continue to cook on low heat for another 3 mins till oil separates.
- Add the chopped green chillies, give a mix and add 100 ml water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 mins till chicken is tender.
- Remove lid and add the chopped coriander leaves. Simmer for a few minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!