- Green Moong Mung Bean- 100 gms (around 1/2 US cup-measure)
- Chana Dal Spli Bengal Gram Dal- 30 gms
- Eggs – 2 nos.
For cooking the pulses:
- Turmeric- pinch 1/8 tsp
- Salt- 3/4 tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water- 400 ml
- Onion chopped- 1 medium
- Ginger crushed- 1 tsp
- Garlic crushed- 1 tsp
- Green Chillies crushed- 1 tsp
- Tomato chopped- 1 medium
- Turmeric Powder- a pinch 1/8 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek leaves) roasted & powdered- 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Butter- 20 gms
- Coriander leaves chopped- 3 tbsp
- Soak the Green Moong & Chana Dal (Bengal Gram Dal) in water for around 3 hours.
- Pressure cook the dals (pulses) after adding the items indicated on high heat till 1-2 whistles. Alternatively boil it in a saucepan till soft.
- Chop the onion, tomato & coriander leaves and crush the ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add crushed ginger & garlic. Stir on medium heat for around 30 secs and then add the crushed green chillies.
- Give a stir and then add the chopped onions. Fry on medium heat for 3 mins till the onions are translucent.
- Now add the Turmeric (a pinch), Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder, give a mix and then add a splash of water.
- Fry on low heat for 2 mins till the masala is cooked.
- Now add the chopped tomato, mix and fry on low heat for 2-3 mins till they are soft.
- Add the whisked eggs and 1/4 tsp salt and scramble the eggs for 1-2 mins.
- Add the boiled pulses along with half of the water left after boiling and give a mix. Add around 75 ml water (less if lot of water was added along with the boiled pulses), mix and cover & cook on low heat for around 3 mins.
- Now add the Garam Masala Powder and roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi.
- Mix and add butter. Simmer for 1 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.