Restaurant Style Chicken Gravy
- Chicken curry cut pieces with bones- 500 gms
- Onions chopped- 2 medium
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
Cashew-Red Chilli-Tomato paste:
- Cashew nuts- 10
- Whole red chillies- 5-6
- Red ripe tomatoes-2 medium
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Fenugreek Leaves- 1 tsp (roasted and crushed)
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Chop the onions and quarter the 2 red tomatoes
- Dry roast the cashew nuts and the red chillies in a pan on low heat for 2-3 mins. Set aside to cool. Coarse grind first and then add the quartered tomatoes. Continue to blend it into a smooth paste.
- Dry roast the fenugreek leaves in a pan, allow it to cool and then crush lightly with your hand.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai.
- Add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till translucent.
- Now add the Ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins on low heat.
- Add turmeric, red chilli and coriander powders and mix it well. Fry it on low heat for 2-3 mins after adding a splash of water.
- Now add the chicken pieces, mix well and fry it on medium heat for 5-6 mins till the chicken is browned well.
- Add the salt and mix it well.
- Now add the cashew-red chilli-tomato paste, mix well and fry for 5-6 mins on medium heat till oil separates.
- Add the Garam Masala Powder, mix and cook for 1 min.
- Add 200 ml water, mix and cover & cook for 15 mins.
- Remove the lid and add Kasuri Methi, mix and simmer for around 2 minutes.
- Serve with chapati or rice.