Chicken Curry With Coconut Milk | Mild Chicken Curry | Chicken Curry
Mild Chicken Curry Recipe
- 500 gms Chicken (cut into medium pieces- 500 gms
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder (Jaiphal powder)
- 1½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 medium Onions (sliced-150 gms)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (sliced- 120 gms)
- 4 tbsp Coconut Milk (thick/ first extract)
- 2-3 tbsp Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Refined oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt (to season)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with items indicated. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Slice the onions & tomatoes and chop the mint & coriander leaves.
- Take out thick coconut milk or use readymade/canned thick coconut milk available in stores.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan and add the sliced onions.
- Sauté the onions for 12-14 mins on medium heat till golden brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken, sliced tomatoes and chopped mint leaves. Mix well and fry on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Continue to cook on low heat for 5-7 mins till the tomatoes are soft & oil separates.
- Now add 4 tbsp of thick coconut milk & 200 ml of water, season with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Mix well and cover & cook on low heat for 20 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!