- Boneless chicken fillets cubed- 250 gms
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Curd/Yogurt whisked- 2 tbsp
- Food color optional- a pinch
For the Batter:
- Corn flour- 2 tbsp
- Rice flour- 1 tbsp
- Garlic chopped- 1.5 tsp
- Green chillies cut and slit- 3
- Curry leaves- 10- 15 leaves
- Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
- Refined oil- 1 tbsp & oil for deep frying the battered chicken
- Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken fillets. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the items indicated. Set aside for 1 hour in room temperature.
- After one hour, add the corn flour and the rice flour. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces.
- Chop the garlic cloves, cut & slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil & once the oil is medium hot, drop the breaded chicken pieces one at a time and fry in batches, to not crowd the pan.
- Keep stirring to fry uniformly for 4-5 mins and remove once golden brown and cooked through. Fry in batches if needed.
- For the tempering, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok/kadhai.
- Add the chopped garlic, slit green chillies and the curry leaves. Mix and sauté on medium heat for around 30 secs.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and give a mix and fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Now add the 1/4 tsp pepper powder, mix and continue to fry on medium heat for another minute.
- Serve hot as a starter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!