Chicken Fry Street Food Style | Fried Chicken | Street Style Chicken Fry
Street Style Chicken Fry Recipe
- 500 gms Chicken (with bones)
For marination/ mix:
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder use 2.5 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder instead if not using red food color
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan or Chickpea flour)
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp Red Food Color (optional- a pinch)
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- Refined Oil for deep frying
- Take small pieces of chicken with bones, wash it well and keep it to drain.
- Add all the items indicated for the marination/mix to the chicken and mix well.
- Set aside for around 2 hrs.
- Just before frying, add the rice flour, mix it and keep aside for around 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a skillet or deep pan and when the oil is medium hot, add the chicken pieces so as not to crowd the pan. Move them a bit after a minute & turn them after around 2-3 mins on medium heat.
- Keep stirring them while frying for another 7-8 mins on medium heat.
- Fry till they are uniformly browned.
- Remove the pieces onto a plate.
- Fry the chicken pieces in batches and repeat the same process.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!