- 500 gms Chicken (small pieces with bones)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 cups Spinach Leaves (sliced fine-100 gms )
- 3 medium Onions (fine chopped- 200 gms)
- 2 small Tomatoes (red ones, sliced- 100 gms)
- 2 nos Green Chillies (halved and slit)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt (a pinch, for seasoning)
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, wash and marinate with the items mentioned.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Fine chop the onions and slice the red tomatoes.
- Wash and finely slice the spinach leaves. Leave out the stalk.
- Cut the green chilies into halves and slit them.
- Heat oil in a a kadai or pan and add the chopped onions.
- Fry on medium heat for 12-13 mins till it is brown in colour.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, mix well and fry/bhunno on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Continue to fry/bhunno on low heat for 5-6 mins till chicken is browned and oil separates.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, mix well and fry it on medium heat for around 2 mins.
- Now add 100 ml water, mix well and cover & cook for 5 mins on low heat till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy & oil separates.
- Add the sliced spinach leaves and mix well.
- Now add the slit green chillies, cumin powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well, keep the heat on low and cover & cook for 15 mins stirring a few times, till chicken is tender and oil separates.