Egg Masala Gravy
- Boiled eggs- 4 cut into halves
- Fried onions – 2 made from 2 medium onions- 120 gms
- Ginger garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
- Tomato chopped- 1 medium
- Whisked curd/ yogurt- 4 tbsp
Whole Spices :
- Green cardamom- 3
- Cinnamon- 2 pieces
- Cloves- 3
- Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Dry Fenugreek Leaves- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 3/4 tsp
- Refined oil- 2 tbsp + oil to fry the onions and the eggs
- Boil the eggs, shell and cut them into halves.
- Fry the sliced onions until golden in colour. Let then cool and coarse grind in a blender.
- Chop the tomatoes and whisk the curd/yogurt till smooth.
- Dry roast the fenugreek leaves and crush it with your hand once cooled.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai/ pan and add the whole garam masala (spices). Once it splutters, add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook on medium heat for 2 mins and add the red Chilli powder, Coriander powder and Cumin powder. Mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins.
- Now switch off heat or keep heat to minimum and add the whisked yogurt. Keep stirring for a minute and then switch the heat back. Keep stirring and cooking on low heat for another 2-3 mins till the yogurt is cooked and oil separates.
- Add the crushed fried onions, mix well and cook on low heat for 2 mins till oil separates.
- Add the garam masala powder, mix and cook for a minute. Now add 150 ml of water
- and simmer for around 2mins.
- Add the fried egg halves yellow side down and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Flip the halves using a spoon and sprinkle and cook for 2 more mins.
- Sprinkle the Kasuri Methi powder on top. Mix gently and simmer for around 2 mins till done.
- You may add little water and salt for seasoning if required.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!