Andhra Chicken Curry | Andhra Chicken Gravy | Chicken Curry
Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
- 500 gms Chicken (small curry cut pcs.)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli Powder
For Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds (Khus khus)
- 2 nos. Green Cardamom
- 3 nos. Cloves
- 1 nos. Cinnamon (one inch piece)
- 2 medium Onions (finely chopped, around 150 gms)
- 3 nos. Green Chillies cut
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves (15-20 leaves)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Marinate the chicken with the items indicated and set aside for 30 mins.
- Roast the spices in a pan on low heat for 3 mins. Take it out on a plate & allow it to cool. Grind it into a powder.
- Chop the onions & tomatoes, slit and cut the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Add the cut green chillies & curry leaves, give it a mix.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for 10 mins till it starts turning brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the marinated chicken and bhunno/ fry on high heat for 2 mins.
- Continue to bhunno/ fry on medium heat for another 4- 5 mins till the chicken pieces are browned.
- Now add the ground spice powder, give a mix and add a splash of water. Add salt, 1/4 tsp or to taste & mix.
- Continue to fry/ bhunno on low to medium heat for 5 mins till it cooks & coats the chicken pieces.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix & fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Now reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 10 mins till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy (saucy consistency).
- Add 150 ml water, give a mix and cook covered on low heat for another 10 mins till chicken is tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!