Chicken Fried Rice
- Boneless Chicken cut into 1” thin strips- 250 gms.
- Cooked Rice day old- 6 cups (made from 2 cups or 350 gms of raw rice)
- Eggs- 3
- Garlic fine sliced- 6 cloves
- Salt- 1/4 tsp and a pinch for seasoning
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dark Soy sauce – 3 tsp
- White Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Shredded cabbage- 1 cup
- Carrots julienned- 1 cup
- Green peppers capsicum julienned- 1 cup
- Spring onion greens- 3 tbsp
- Refined oil- 3 tbsp
- Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken pieces and cut into 1” wide flattish strips. Set aside.
- Shred the cabbage into thin slices and julienne the carrots and the green peppers.
- Fine slice the garlic cloves and cut the spring onion greens into small pieces.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add the beaten eggs. Add a pinch of salt to season, mix gently and then scramble it on medium heat. This should take a minute. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Clean the wok with a paper towel and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add the slices of garlic. Give a stir and fry it on high heat for around 30 secs.
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry on high heat for 1 min till they turn white.
- Now add the salt & pepper powder, mix and stir fry for around 3 mins on high heat till the strips are browned.
- Add 1 tsp soy sauce, mix and stir fry the chicken for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add the julienned carrots and peppers, mix and stir fry for 2 min.
- Now add the shredded cabbage and continue to stir fry for another 1 min on high heat.
- Add the rice and mix with the chicken and veggies.
- Season with a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Give it a mix.
- Add 1 tsp of white vinegar and 2 tsp of dark soy sauce. Toss and fry 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add the scrambled egg and the spring onion greens.
- Toss well and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!