Chicken Hakka Noodles | Chicken Noodles Recipe
Chicken Hakka Noodles Recipe
Chicken Hakka Noodles is an Indo-Chinese dish of cooked noodles tossed with boiled and shredded chicken and vegetables in Chinese sauces. This version of the Hakka noodles can be found at street food stalls across India
- 150 gms Chicken boiled and shredded (Boiled in water with salt and pepper powder)
- 1 pack Noodles 150 gms pack, sufficient for 2 persons
- 5-6 cloves Garlic chopped (around 2 tsp)
- 1 medium White onion thick sliced
- 3 nos. Green Chillies sliced
- 1 cup Carrots julienned
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers julienned
- 3 tbsp Spring Onion Greens
- 2.5 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Refined Oil
- Slice the white onion into thick slices.
- Chop the garlic cloves, julienne/fine slice the carrots, capsicum (green bell peppers) and shred the cabbage.
- Chop the green portion of spring onions/scallions for garnish later.
- To boil the noodles, follow the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the boiled noodles in a colander and wash it with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and mix it well to coat the boiled noodles so that they don’t stick. Set it aside.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped garlic and give a stir.
- Now add the thick onion slices and stir fry on high heat for 30 secs
- Add the sliced chillies, give a mix and sauté on high heat for another 30 secs.
- Now add the julienned/sliced carrots and the shredded cabbage, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
- Add the boiled & shredded chicken pieces and give it a mix.
- Now add the julienned capsicum/green pepper, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
- Add the boiled noodles and toss it with the chicken and veggies to combine everything.
- Add the dark soy sauce and vinegar and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Add salt, pepper powder and mix it well. Toss it on high heat for around 2 mins.
- Lastly garnish with spring onion greens, give a mix & serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!