Restaurant Style Chicken Handi | Chicken Handi Recipe
Restaurant Style Chicken Handi
- Boneless Chicken cut into cubes- 500 gms
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Onions fine chopped- 1 big (100 gms)
- Tomatoes chopped- 4 small (200 gms)
- Green Chillies cut into big pieces – 3 nos
- Ginger julienned- 1 tbsp
- Coriander chopped for garnish- 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Black Pepper- 1/4 tsp
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves dry roasted & powdered- 1 tsp
- Whisked Curd or Yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Fresh Cream- 4 tbsp
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Clean & wash the chicken fillets and pat dry. Cut into one inch cubes.
- Chop the onion, tomatoes and coriander leaves, julienned the ginger and cut the 3 green chillies into small pieces.
- Dry roast and powder the Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek leaves), set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a flat pan and add the ginger garlic paste. Fry on low heat for 1 minute and add the chicken cubes along with 1 tsp salt. Mix and fry on high to medium heat for 3-4 mins. Take it out and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the same pan and add the chopped onions. Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & 1/4 tsp salt and cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins till soft.
- Now add the Turmeric, Red Chilli and Coriander powders, mix and add a splash of water.
- Continue to cook for around 3 mins on medium to low heat till oil separates.
- Add the fried chicken cubes and fry on medium heat for 5 mins till water dries up and oil separates.
- Now switch off heat and add the whisked curd/ yogurt. Mix well and cook on low heat for 2 mins till oil separates.
- Add 50 ml water, mix well and cook covered on low heat for 10 mins till the chicken is tender and oil separates.
- Now add the crushed black pepper, garam masala powder and roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Now add the green chilli pieces and ginger juliennes, give a mix and then add the fresh cream. You can add few tablespoons water if required.
- Give a mix and simmer for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!