Ingredients for Mutton Fry:
- Mutton/Goat meat with bones- 500 gms
To be pressure cooked with:
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Water- 200 ml
- Onions, sliced- 2 medium (150 gms)
- Green chillies, halved & slit- 2
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Crushed pepper- 1/4 tsp
- Refined oil- 4 tbsp
- Salt for seasoning – 1/4 tsp
- Pressure cook the mutton pieces with the items indicated for 4 whistles. Alternatively, add all the items in a pan & cook covered on low heat for 45-60 mins till the meat is tender.
- Once the meat is tender strain the pieces and set the mutton stock aside for use later.
- Slice the onions and cut the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a Kadai or pan. Add the curry leaves and give a stir. Add the cut green chillies & again stir.
- Now add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 10 mins till light brown.
- Add the strained boiled mutton pieces (without the stock) and mix & fry on high heat for around 2 mins.
- Add the red Chilli powder, mix & fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Now add the mutton stock and mix & fry on high heat for 7-8 mins. Fry till the liquid nearly dries up.
- Add the coriander, fennel, Garam masala powders & crushed pepper, mix and add a splash of water (2 tbsp).
- Fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins till the masala coats the mutton pieces well.