Garam Masala Powder Recipe
- 50 gms Coriander Seeds
- 12 gms Black Cardamom
- 10 gms Green Cardamom
- 10 gms Black Peppercorns
- 10 gms Cloves
- 10 gms Cinnamon
- 14-16 nos. Bay Leaves
- 5-6 gms Mace
- 5-6 gms Nutmeg
- In a frying pan add the coriander seeds and roast it on low heat for 4 mins. Remove and allow to cool.
- Add all spices other than coriander seeds & bay leaves in the pan and dry roast on low heat for 5 mins stirring all the time to roast it evenly.
- Cut the bay leaves and add them. Mix well and continue roasting them on low heat for one more minute.
- Remove to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, grind all the roasted ingredients into a powder in a grinder or coffee grinder or magic bullet.
- The mix will yield approx. 125 gms. of Garam Masala Powder. Store in an airtight container.