Egg Pulao | Simple And Easy Egg Pulao | Anda Pulao
- Basmati Rice- 2 cup measure or 350 gms
- Boiled eggs- 6 nos.
- Onions sliced- 3 medium
- Fried onions Birista- 1 medium
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Green Chillies slit- 4
- Mint leaves- 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1/2 cup
- Shahjeera caraway seeds – 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1
- Star Anise- 1
- Bay Leaf- 1
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Salt- 2 tsp or to taste
- Boil and shell the eggs. Now add 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or kadai and add the turmeric and red chilli powder on low heat. Give a stir and add the boiled eggs. Keep stirring and frying the eggs on low heat for 2 mins till the eggs are fried & golden in colour.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 mins.
- Slice 1 medium onion and fry in a kadai/wok till golden ( birista). Remove and set it aside.
- Also slice the 3 medium onions, slit the green chillies, chop the coriander leaves and take out the mint leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the Shahjeera and the whole garam masalas. Give a stir and allow it to splutter.
- Add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 12-13 mins till golden.
- Now lower the heat and add the ginger garlic paste. Fry on low heat for 2 mins till raw smell is gone.
- Now add the coriander powder and 2 tbsp water and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the mint leaves and fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Add 3 cup measure (600 ml water) , give a stir and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add Salt, Cumin powder, Garam Masala Powder, chopped Coriander leaves and slit green chillies.
- Once the water has come to a boil, add the drained basmati rice, mix well and cover & cook on medium heat for 4-5 mins till the water has nearly dried up.
- Add the boiled & fried eggs and give a stir to mix everything.
- Cover & cook again on low heat for another 5 mins.
- Open the lid, give a mix and add the fried onions (birista). Continue to cook again on low heat for another 5 mins and then switch off.
- Let it rest for 10 mins before opening the lid and giving a mix.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!