Ingredients for Sweet Corn Chicken Soup:
Makes 4 bowls of soup (250 ml each)
For Chicken Stock:
- Chicken pieces, mix of boneless & bone-in pieces – 350 gms
- Water- 1 litre
- Small onion, quartered- 1
- Crushed garlic- 4
- Bay leaf- 2
- Peppercorns- 10
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Shredded boiled chicken- 1.5 cups
- Corn kernels- 1 cup
- Sweet corn paste- 5 tbsp
- Egg whites- 2
- Spring onion greens- 2 tbsp
- Salt- 3/4 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cornflour slurry- 3 tbsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water
- Take a pan and add all the items for the chicken stock. Mix and bring it to boil. Lower the heat and cover & cook on low heat for 30 mins.
- Strain the chicken stock, remove the chicken pieces and shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Take a pan and boil the fresh sweet corn for 15 mins. Remove, allow it to cool and remove the corn kernels.
- Take half of it in a blender and blend it into a paste by adding 1/2 cup water.
- Take out whites of 2 eggs and set aside.
- Chop the spring onion greens.
- Add the strained chicken stock into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the sweet corn paste, shredded boiled chicken and the corn kernels. Mix it well and add the salt & white pepper powder.
- Cover & cook on low heat for 6-7 mins till the sweet corn paste is cooked.
- Add the corn slurry, mix it in and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the spring onion greens and give a mix.
- Lastly add the egg whites slowly stirring constantly to scramble the egg whites. Stir in for a minute to form thin strings.
- Cook on low heat for 2 more mins. Serve hot.