Curried Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1.5 cup Boiled shredded chicken 125 gms boiled with salt & pepper powder
- 8 slices Sandwich bread For 4 sandwiches
- 1 big Onion (thick sliced, around 100-120 gms)
- 2 nos. Green Chillies (fine chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 6-7 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil
- Boil the chicken fillets with salt & pepper. Strain it and allow it to cool. Shred the boiled chicken pieces.
- Slice the onion into thick slices and fine chop the green chillies and parsley/coriander leaves.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a flat pan and add the thick sliced onion.
- Mix and add a pinch of salt. Continue to fry on low heat for around 15 mins to caramelize the onion.
- Add the chopped green chillies and mix it well and fry on low heat for a minute.
- Now add the shredded boiled chicken and mix it well.
- Add the powders & salt, give a mix and add a dollop of butter. Fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Take it out in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Add the mayonnaise and chopped parsley/coriander & mix it well.
- To prepare the sandwich, cut off the bread crust. Take 1/4 th of the chicken mix and spread it on one slice. Spread it evenly & in such a way it doesn’t go till the edges. Place the other slice on top & press it.
- You can optionally grill it on a grill pan or toast it on a pan with butter till evenly browned or just have it like this.
- Cut diagonally into two.
- Repeat for the balance 3 sandwiches.