Railway Mutton Curry Recipe
- 500 gms. Mutton (medium sized pieces with bones)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 nos. Cinnamon (small pieces)
- 3 nos. Cloves
- 12 nos. Black Peppercorns
- 4 nos. Dry Red Chillies (cut into pieces)
- 2 medium Onions (sliced, 150 gms.)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (sliced, 120 gms.)
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Coconut Milk (thick)
- 4 medium Potatoes (par boiled, peeled & halved)
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Marinate the mutton with items indicated. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Slice both the onions & tomatoes.
- Par boil the potatoes, peel & cut into halves.
- Heat oil in a pan or pressure cooker. Add the whole spices & pieces of dry red chillies.
- Now add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 10 mins till golden brown in colour.
- Add the marinated mutton & sliced tomatoes. Bhuno/Fry on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Continue to fry on low heat for 10-12 mins till tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add 300 ml water, give a mix and pressure cook for 4 whistles till mutton is tender. Alternatively continue to cook covered in a pan for 45-60 mins till mutton is soft.
- Once the mutton is soft, add the vinegar and the boiled potato pieces. Cook for 2 mins on low heat.
- Add the coconut milk, cover and cook for 5 minutes till oil separates.