Ingredients for Masala Chicken Nuggets:
- Bite sized boneless chicken nuggets- 250 gms
To marinate with:
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Fine chopped onions- 3 tbsp (40 gms)
- Chopped green chillies- 1.5 tbsp (3 green chillies)
- Gram flour (Besan)/ Chickpea flour mix- 3 tbsp mixed with 5 tbsp of water
- Egg white- of 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs- 1 cup or as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Fine chop one small onion (around 40 gms) and chop 3 green chillies (1.5tbsp)
- Take 3 tbsp of Gram flour (Besan) in a bowl. Add 5 tbsp water and mix to a smooth batter.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken fillets and cut into bite sized pieces. Add these into a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients for marination and mix well. Set aside for 1 hr.
- After 1 hr, add egg white of one egg and mix well.
- For breading, add 1 cup (or more as required) of breadcrumbs in a square glass dish.
- Mix the chicken pieces well and take out the chicken pieces one at a time and place on the breadcrumbs. Roll it well to fully coat the pieces. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat oil in a Kadai/wok.
- Once the oil is medium hot, drop the breaded chicken nuggets one at a time and fry in batches, to not crowd the pan.
- Give a stir after around 1 minute, once the chicken pieces start floating to the top.
- Keep stirring to fry uniformly switching the heat between medium and low so that the pieces don’t get over fried.
- After another 4-5 mins, reduce heat and remove once golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the process for the next batch/es