Ingredients for Easy Mutton Curry:
- Goat meat – 1 kg
For the marination:
- Curd-250 ml
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder- 3tsp
- Coriander powder- 3 tsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-3 tsp
- Poppy Seed (Khuskhus) paste- 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onions – 3 medium onions
- Kashmiri Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Kewra water- ½ tsp
- Clean & marinate the goat meat with the ingredients for marination.Keep aside for 1-2 hrs.
- Fry the sliced onions in oil until light brown in colour to make “Birista”. Remove & cool. Crush it with your hands until powdery.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and once hot, add the marinated meat.
- Mix well & fry for 15 mins till the meat releases water.
- Add the crushed fried onions & mix well. Lower heat and cook for 10 mins till oil separates.
- Add the Kashmiri Chilli powder, mix well and cook in low flame for 5 more mins.
- Add 250 ml water, mix well & close the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook till 3-4 whistles.
- Add kewra water (optional) for fragrance.
- Serve with roti or rice.