Ingredients for Chicken Pakoda:
Chicken, small pieces preferably with bones-500 gms
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
Pakoda flour mixture:
- Gram flour (Besan)or Chickpea flour- 1/2 cup
- Rice flour-2.5 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped curry leaves-2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander/cilantro leaves- 2 tbsp
- Egg white-1 egg
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the items indicated. Cover and set aside in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Add all the items for the flour mixture/batter. Mix with a spatula/spoon. The chicken pieces will be half coated with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai/wok.
- Once the oil is medium hot, drop the breaded chicken pieces one at a time and fry in batches, to not crowd the pan.
- Give a stir after around 2-3 minutes, once the chicken pieces start floating to the top.
- Keep stirring to fry uniformly.
- After another 6-7 mins, reduce heat and remove once golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the process for the next batch/es.